BEST WEB TOOLS - clicking on any button below allows you to use that resource.
Mr. Wally Keniston - M.S.P.M.Library Media Specialist Claremont Academy
15 Claremont St, Worcester, MA 01610 firstname.lastname@example.org (508) 799-3077 (x194) Hours: Mon 8-3:45, Tue-Thu 7:30-3:45, Fri 7:30-2 PM
Please call x194 if the LIBRARY CATALOG is not working.
Please note that the materials on this page are reviewed and revised by Mr. Keniston, your friendly librarian. based upon the needs and recommendations of Claremont students and colleagues. November, 2017.
CLASS RESEARCH SOURCES -- Grade 7 -- Mr. Carroll -- Link up with Ancient Egypt!
- AncientEgypt.co.uk - Life, geography, gods, pharoah, temples and pyramids, trades
- AncientEgyptianFacts.com - gods, clothing, music, writing, death and mummification
- Ancient.eu - Alexandria, Papyrus, Obelisks, complete database includes dozens of less popular topics.
- BBC.co.uk - Do you want expert information on Ancient Egypt? This British Broadcasting site is for you!
- DiscoveringEgypt.com - A great site with lots of visual information
- Ducksters.com - An educational resource built for kids.
- GodChecker.com - Egyptian Mythology
- HistoryForKids.net - Start with ancient Egyptian architecture. Next, check out their clothing, and many other topics about ancient Egypt.
- historymuseum.ca - The Canadian History Museum has virtual tours of two temples from ancient Egypt.
- HistoryOnTheNet.com - the clothes worn by ancient Egyptians, and how they were made. -- Beware of irrelevant advertisements!
- LandOfPyramids.org - Names of Egyptian gods
- mrdonn.org - A multitude of descriptions and links about ancient Egypt... beware of irrelevant advertisements!
- Newsweek.com - article that reveals who built the Pharonic Pyramids.
- PBS.org - The Public TV network offers ancient Egyptian Daily life, Hieroglyphics, and Archaelogical treasures.
- Pinterest.com - Many colorful and interesting pictures of clothing from ancient Egypt.
- WomenInTheAncientWorld.com - view a great page about Women's clothing in ancient Egypt.
OTHER RESEARCH SOURCES
- Discovery Education - United Streaming
- RESEARCH DATABASES - The place to find all information. Britannica online - 3 levels of the encyclopedia Gale - All state-funded databases
- Newspapers: The Boston Globe newspaper - Full text, both current and archived. The Worcester Telegram and Gazette E-edition Worcester Public Library
(Photo credit: Abdiel S.)